2008 is a year that a lot of people want to forget. With natural disasters, losses of loved ones and the economic downturn, there are a lot of things that seem better to forget. There were a lot of things this year that caused sadness & tears, but I'm counting my blessings today for the joys of 2008.
- I'm thankful for 2 new members of our family, Aimee Kate von Herrmann, our almost 9 months old 2nd granddaughter born in April, and Paul Williams, the new husband of our youngest daughter, Keturah (Katie), married last month.


- I'm thankful that Rick's mom came to live with us in May, so that we can make sure that she's well taken care of and not alone.

- I'm thankful to have a job. As tired as I get, working the night shift especially, I'm realizing what a blessing it is to have a job these days.

- I'm thankful for electricity. Because of an ice storm here on Dec. 19, MANY people were without electricity for DAYS. Making it even worse, the temperature here dipped to -2* and it was WINDY, so the wind chill made it -30* or so. We only lost power for about 30 minutes that day and a couple of hours 3 days later. It threatened to prevent family from coming for Christmas, so I was extra thankful when the lights & heat came back on.

- I'm thankful for health. We've had some colds, but have been relatively healthy. Rick's mom is 83 & is healthy, too, even climbing stairs to her room.

- I'm thankful that my dad's coming home from the hospital today. He's been there since Friday with congestive heart failure, even spending their 57th anniversary there, but he seems to be better now. Please pray for my mom as she faithfully cares for him, especially since she had a bout of stomach bug the night before last. I'm looking forward to seeing them in February, Lord willing. I haven't seen them since this picture was taken on our trip to the Orlando area in January.

I could go on & on... It will be refreshing, though, to start with a clean slate tomorrow. The Lord only knows what 2009 will hold, but I'm encouraged to remember that He's in control. Nothing ever takes Him by surprise. He has a perfect plan for our lives. Trust in Him. Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Good job Mom! This is a much better way to keep everyone in the loop and not drive yourself crazy with unending E-mail updates and replies. I am proud of you!
Post a Comment